Topic – How Hard Is Electrical Engineering | 2023-24 | Ultimate Guide
Most of the students will have dilemmas after their intermediate and secondary schooling, whether to join electrical engineering or not.
Because students are scared that electrical engineering may be tough and will not have the scope to get a good job. Check this article to know how hard is electrical engineering.
What is Electrical engineering?
The study of electrical components and devices is called electrical engineering. In other ways, electrical engineering is a form of engineering where one gets a chance to explore the electrical field and get to know about machinery and electric gadgets. Let me answer your question: How hard is electrical engineering?
**It is not as hard as the name indicates.
Is Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering the same
In Mechanical engineering, students will get a chance to invent their own machines. In Electrical Engineering students will get a chance to work on machines. To be more clear in Mechanical Engineering innovations will be happening where students can turn out their ideas to machines.
In Electrical Engineering students will have a chance to learn about the already existing machines and help the machines to train how they work. So I think at the end of this question you got a clear answer.
Hence Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering are not the same at all. Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering will go side by side but are not completely the same. From my personal experience being a third-year graduate as an electrical engineer, mechanical engineering feels to be tough because of the hardware construction.
The reasons to choose Electrical Engineering:
Following are the reasons to choose electrical engineering as your career –
- The first reason to choose Electrical Engineering is you will have a great chance to explore the new electrical components and electrical machines that we use on a daily basis. You will even have a chance to create your own machinery and use it on a daily basis.
- The second reason to choose Electrical Engineering is you will never settle for less. You will definitely have huge packages and lead a happy life or can lead a financially healthy life. You will definitely be awarded at least seventy thousand rupees to eighty thousand rupees per month for sure provided other conditions are satisfied.
- The third reason to choose Electrical Engineering is unlike in Computer Science Engineering you won’t have only jobs in software companies, you will have multiple jobs and multiple opportunities to explore and get into them.
- The fourth reason to choose Electrical Engineering is you will have more scope to settle down in government sectors. You will be placed in NAVARATNAS (Nine Ratnas Of India) where you can earn a good amount of money and get settled in a proper way or get settled in a well-aided financial way.
- The fifth reason to choose Electrical Engineering is after you complete work and take retirement you will be paid on a monthly basis. This amount is given as a form of respect for every month. In this way job, security is provided for a whole lifetime.
How hard is Electrical Engineering?
Being an Electrical Engineer, I personally never felt that electrical engineering is hard. In fact, I enjoyed studying deeply about electronic gadgets and working with them.
In my college, the faculty and professors were so student-friendly and were able to clear all our doubts. I should be thankful for my faculty who made my doubts clear and gave me solutions by helping me with them.
I think your engineering will depend on you, it will not depend on your faculty or it will not depend on your professors or it will not depend on your college. You won’t even feel electrical engineering as hard once you start loving the subject.
I can promise that you will definitely enjoy the subject related to gadgets, microchips, tablets, drives, and many more if you keep your whole heart in it. You will definitely get attached to the electrical field once you start working on them with full-on concentration.
You should definitely work on projects like Arduino 500 and Breadboard to get a chance to go deeply into the project. When you start working with projects you will get practical knowledge and will feel more comfortable with the subjects that you have learned.
By doing projects you can even gain confidence and you will never see the subject the same again in your life once you gain that enough confidence. So my suggestion is once you learn any topic you must and should do a project that may be a hobby project or that may be a small project so that you can definitely gain enough confidence and get more knowledge in that subject.
So always aim for practical knowledge rather than theoretical language because practical knowledge will help you more than anything and more than required. In this way, you can increase your scope in subjects by going deeply into the subject and learning them without any doubts.
If you follow any of my suggestions then you will definitely feel the subject as easy and never see the subject the same as before or never see the subject as hard.
What math is used in Electrical Engineering?
In Electrical Engineering we have two different phases of mathematics. It has been divided into the following categories:
In Mathematics 1 students will get a chance to explore in basics. Most of the students will join their bachelor of technology after intermediate only. In Mathematics-1 only basics are seen because students need to develop a base of confidence so that they solve more problems when university examinations are held after their semester examinations.
The mathematics-1 exam is held in the first year of the first semester and is also called 1-1 semester. But university exam reports say that most of the students have backlogs this semester, because of a lack of interest or lack of concentration of student who writes the exam.
So according to me, you will be eligible for placement to get a job if you don’t have any active backlogs only. So aim for high and settled as you dream. Don’t waste time on unnecessary things and just focus on what is your dream. Then I promise you can definitely be successful in your life and take anything that you want.
In Mathematics-2 students will have problem-based questions on topics that they learned in Mathematics-1. Not many students feel this subject is as hard as their first-semester maths. You should definitely have proper guidance or proper faculty or proper professor who can help or who can clear all your doubts without any delay.
Most of the students start preparing for exams the previous night which is the reason why most of them will fail in their exams. So according to me, you will be eligible for placement to get a job if you don’t have any active backlogs only. So aim for high and settled as you dream.
Don’t waste time on unnecessary things and just focus on what is your dream. Then I promise you can definitely be successful in your life and take anything that you want.
LTNMCV abbreviation is Laplace Transforms, Numerical Methods, and Complex Variables. The name itself says that it has three divisions in it. Three of them have three different uses and three different applications in their own way or on their own path.
The first part consists of Laplace transform and Inverse Laplace transforms. The second part consists of Numerical methods that are used in daily life applications. The third part consists of complex variables. Names have the term complex but the topic is not at all complex.
When I was in engineering this was one of my favorite subjects because of the different applications this subject also has the usage of a calculator where we will get a chance to explore calculator usage of different models and have a great chance to understand all the simple methods to use a calculator.
But when it comes to university exams students should and must give their time and hard work to score well in marks or good percentages in this subject
List of required courses for Electrical Engineering:
In electrical engineering, a student needs to learn about basic subjects as well as core-related subjects. Basic subjects include maths, science and English. Core subjects include subjects related to or courses that are related to the field of electrical engineering. Core subjects will include machines, chips, Ordino, breadboards, and many more courses that are related to this field.
Basic subjects are useful in so many ways. Basic subjects are the ones because of which complex subjects can be learned thoroughly. No matter how depth you enter into any subject basics are the roots of the subject.
- The English course is worldwide that everyone should learn. Especially when it comes to students they must and should learn it to lead a better life that may be in college or in their job when they get settled in their future.
- Science is the second basic subject that every student should learn to know about nature or the environment and ourselves. In science, we get a chance to explore deeply about plants, animals, and human beings.
- Maths is the third basic course or the third basic subject that everyone should learn. Maths is a subject used in every minute of our lives. This subject plays a vital role in our day-to-day applications and has a wide variety of uses.
- Machines are the first core subject or first core course that everyone should learn to have a better future in the field of electrics or to have a better future in the field of electronics. This is the subject that helps you prepare a machine of your own and have a better life in your field.
- A breadboard is the second core subject or second core course that everyone should learn to know more about the components like resistors, capacitors, inductors, function generators, and many more electric devices.
How to get an internship in Electrical Engineering:
WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY
There are so many ways to get an internship in electrical engineering. You can try through GATE, Internshala, and Linkedin.
GATE– It is an examination written by graduates who are willing to get jobs at an earlier stage. The job will be short-listed based on the score or based on the marks that the student will get on the GATE exam.
INTERNSHAALA- Internshala is a platform where young students can get a chance to get placed in internships. You can find electrical internships regarding E-vehicle info and many other opportunities.
LINKEDIN- Linkedin is a platform where students can find electrical internships or electrical jobs. Young interns will be easily selected if they have proper skills or if they have any required skills.
BEST ONLINE BACHELOR DEGREE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING-
Following is the list of universities providing the best Bachelor’s Degree for Electrical Engineering
- ECPI University.
- Clemson University.
- Southern Illinois University.
- National University.
- The University Of Arizona.
- Northern Arizona University.
- Arizona State University.
- Oregon Institute Of Technology.
- Old Dominion University.
- The University Of North Dakota.
- Stony Broke University.
- Indiana State University.
- The University Of State Mississippi.
- American Public University.
- Thomas Edison State University.
- The University of North Carolina.
- Eastern New Mexico City.
- Florida Internatioanl University.
- The University Of Virgin Islands.
Above are the universities that will provide online bachelor’s degrees for electrical engineers who are really passionate about it. Some universities will provide degrees for two years, some universities will provide degrees for 3 years. Every university has its own style of educating students.
No matter if it is online it is not less than offline. Every unit and every module is taught thoroughly to all students. Their aim is to provide quality education for all students at an affordable price and in online mode.
Concluding How Hard Is Electrical Engineering 2023-24
I conclude that electrical engineering is not hard when you really put your efforts, time, and dedication into it. You can definitely get well settled once you have perfect knowledge about the core subject and basic subjects that are mentioned above. This concludes the topic of How Hard Is Electrical Engineering? To know more about such topics go through MY Blind Bird.